Monday, February 1, 2010

Back In The Saddle

Or the stirrups, at any rate.

Greetings from the [state college where I teach] campus library, where I spend my non-teaching time this semester, since I don't have an office. Today I'm at a large, shared table in the very open art history section, staring at the double-lined OPK I'm holding under the table, where I can pretend that the students can't see it. (They can, of course, just as I can see them pass notes in class.) Lord knows what they think, but who cares?! I am FINALLY OVULATING! W00t!

A little background: after taking November and December off from TTC -- November because I o'd the weekend we got married; December because of travel (and because I wanted to be drinking, not weeping over my period, while visiting my in-laws) -- I expected to ovulate about two weeks ago. Which was right when I found out that I might lose my health insurance. And just like in October, when my revving-to-go body encountered a big wallop of stress, everything came to a screeching halt. (Except the soreness at my left ovary that I get every month around ovulation. That has obligingly kept on going.) Following some major hustle on my part and some help from others, I did NOT lose my health insurance, but even though I've been peeing on sticks like it's going out of style, checking my TP like I'm expecting the Virgin Mary's face to turn up there, and urging my pituitary on, nothin'. So, I say again, W00t!

I'm going in for a valium-assisted IUI tomorrow, so wish me luck, please. Sadly, Sugar can't cancel her afternoon meetings, so I'll be riding solo. I'm sad about that, but it's evidently a difficult thing to schedule around, my ovulation. I'd be happy to think some of you were keeping me company, however virtually.

Heigh-ho, Spermies, Away!

12 comments:

  1. You can consider me there. I'll be the one in the corner with the pom-poms turning backflips and cheering. Oh, who am I kidding? I'll be the one *eating a cookie* and cheering.

    May this one be the lucky one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there too. Print out these comments and stick them in your pocket and carry us with you. We're cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO there, cheering on those sperms. Er, and you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!!! Isn't it funny the lengths that we go to in order to check those OPK sticks?? Swimmy and sticky thoughts with you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck Tomorrow!! Rooting for this one to be "the one".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck :-) I'll be thinking of you.

    Go spermies GO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending many positive thoughts and hopeful wishes your way and I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So rooting from Cairo for those boys to do their thang girl! We will be sort of 2 week waitin togetha, me a little behind.

    I agree we will force our babies to be life long penpals and then tell them how they were created just about a week apart and how their crazy mamas made this pact and yes sorry but you do have to actually write a letter, not an email or facebook cause its all about the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! Just think of England.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am cheering you on, too. It was almost exactly a year ago that I got pregnant on my 6th dIUI so I'm hoping that there's something great about the season and trying to spread the luck around.

    From LFCA

    ReplyDelete